Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I am a Witness for the Prosecution

I am a witness for the prosecution
Last night I dreamt I was in a high school locker room. I was actually helping put up a vision board in the dream, complete with sprigs of flowers, pictures and declarations.  I was helping a woman discover what she wanted.
Then I heard a ruckus outside in the hall.  It sounded like a woman saying, “No, don’t, that’s not what I meant!  I don’t want that!” And a man’s voice saying, “But you keep egging me on.  You keep inviting me back.  I might as well just take you now.”
I could hear a word in the back of my dream-mind: rape.
He flung her through the door into the locker room, I guess hoping it was empty.  There was a part of me that hoped he would not see me and I would be able to run for help. But a wall of lockers disappeared as he walked in and he looked right at me.  His victim lay on the floor, not even crying; it seemed she had already given up.
He looked like this when he walked in (no offense intended to the actor it resembles):
Except he was wearing a pink tie. 
He advanced on me saying things like, “What, you think you  heard something? You didn’t see what she’s done up to now. She is asking for it.  She doesn't even want to be safe or pure. She wants me to take her over. You didn't see anything.” etc.
I was slinking into the corner, away from him as he came closer until I realized um. NO.
I stood to my full height, which was practically nothing and said, “I did hear you.  I heard her say NO.  I saw you throw her in here.”  I looked him squarely in the face and said, “I know what you look like and I know who you are.  I will be the best witness of your worst nightmares.” 
He started to change. He grew.  He got more muscular and more physically frightening.  But I knew - as one knows in dreams - that he was just puffing up like a blowfish.  Because he was scared.  OF ME.
I pushed him with the power of my words and the power of my energy all around the room.  He backed up.  I had the power. He grew and grew until he was this:
Little more than a big clumsy ox.  He was no match for me, though I reached maybe his knee. 
He finally looked at the woman, his victim on the ground, then to me.  I stood  between her and him. He waved his hand at me, “Ah, I’ll just get her later.”
"But not today," I said, "Now you get out of here and never come back." As he was leaving I added, "And don’t mess with my friends again.  They know I know you.  You know I know you.  I will witness against you."
Then I woke up. 
This is the dream I had after I had been led to mentor someone in 3 Key Elements education for the first time. 
 - March 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment